Monday, March 16, 2015

Closing

Welcome!

This blog will chronicle the restoration of what my 4 year old daughter calls "The Big White House". The house is a large, two-story, side hall plan with Greek Revival, Italianate, and Victorian features. I am estimating the original build date to be in the 1850's.





We actually found the house last July and spent almost 9 long months trying to get the place. In the end it was all worth it as we just closed on the house today!

Today I begin what I hope is a short renovation of the interior so we can move in. I'm hoping to complete it in a month. I have several goals I want to accomplish; The removal of flooring on the first floor that was added over time over the original 6" wide plank flooring, the removal of dropped ceilings in several rooms, the leveling of floors in several areas, and several other smaller projects.

My goal is to get us in the house in a month but my ultimate goal is to completely restore this house over time. That will include, replacing the windows that were installed in the 1950's with either period antique windows or custom made ones, replacement of all the interior trim with period appropriate trim, removal of the vinyl siding, and repainting of the house.

I will post as I can, it may be a little slow in coming in the beginning as I will be very busy but hopefully I can start posting regularly soon.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment